Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +2/3
ISO: 250
White balance: Auto
Flash: TTL - 2.8

Soft-focus filter applied

Julie Kenward
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Sandy, welcome to the Macro/Flora forum! This is lovely! I think as a soft almost "impressionistic" image this really is beautiful. If you wanted to go for a stronger feel, I think changing the BG to be a little bit lighter or darker (separating it more from the flower) would also make for a beautiful image. The drape of the flower within the frame is lovely and the crop/composition is top notch. Beautiful lighting...really gorgeous to look at!

Anita Bower
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Beautiful flowers and image. Love the attitude of the flowers, their color and their perfection. Simple and graceful. For my taste, I'd prefer a bit less space above the flowers, and I'd like the BG to be a bit brighter, or maybe whiter or less grey. Very nice job. Hope to see more of your work.

Christopher Miller
05-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Beautiful flowers, Sandy. I love the comp and soft colors. I think Jules has a good idea on making the BG a bit darker of lighter, though I also like it as is.

Steve Adkins
05-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Sandy, Love the soft colors! The background works for me. Very pleasing subject and comp. Did you notice the one small dark spot on the top flower? Does it matter?:)

sandy richards
05-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi, Steve - That small dark spot on the top flower is the red tip of the stamen, as in all the other flowers too. :)
I know it's hard to tell.
Sandy