PDA

View Full Version : into the wild

Valerio Tarone
05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
into the wild hearth of Sardinia. Raining!! data:ISo 320 sigma 17-35 f4 1/20 OE +0,5 metering medium central Treated in P.treatment following instructions 'Image contrast and tonal Range tweaks by Robert'
raw converrted in jpg.
c& c welcomed.

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Valerio,
You have nice layers going on her but overall I don;t feel the image is as sharp as it needs to be. I think Before you go into Roberts tonal range tweak you need to emphasize the layers even more and get ride of the grasses that protrude into the water on the lower right edge of the frame.....sharpen it and then try his LCE.....this may help bring the image to its full potential.

Dave Mills
05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Valerio, good comments by Roman.The image does look a bit soft to me and a B&W image should have a good contrast range. This image does appear a bit flat. I might crop a bit off the top and eliminate the grass in the foreground (by the water)

Valerio Tarone
05-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Roman Yes thanks, cut off the herbs of course. It has been really an hard work because in CS4 I don't find any correspondance for 'sharpness', I had preferedd to work in Nikon Capture ,but it's different. I suppose I've done work on levels, curves, satur.contrast , autobalance, and also sharpness.
do you think good for B&W ?

Hilary Hann
05-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Valerio, I think the image is not sharp enough, sadly. I like the composition but it really could do with some light to add to the contrast and interest. The location lends itself to another try but not knowing where you live, it may not be possible.