PDA

View Full Version : I bet his momma thinks he is cute!

Cheryl Flory
05-23-2010, 06:55 PM
What can I say???
We can't all be beautiful roses or irises!
Some of us are just plain ol' fat toads. warts and all!

Canon 40D
Canon 70-200 at 190
1/250"
f5.6
ISO 200
EC +.67

Since I couldn't focus very close with this lens, this is a major crop. I do have another image with my Tamron lens where I could get very close and you could see more of his feet, but I like his pose better in this image.

I added contrast and saturated mainly to bring out his warts, bumps and spots.
What can I say??? when you gotta shoot, you gotta shoot what you can find.

Go ahead, when you're done laughing, I would appreciate any C&C you might have.....
Thanks!

Alfred Forns
05-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Great find Cheryl .. would love to find one of these guys anytime !!! Did well for this one, clean bg, precise focusing and good PS work !! Just need to get some extension tubes .. always carry three 25 mm with me !!! Like it a lot !!!

Ken Childs
05-24-2010, 07:52 AM
He sure looks smug!
The pose is great and I don't mind the limited DOF but I would have liked to see its entire head in focus. It looks like you just missed getting the tip of the nose but maybe some selective sharpening could remedy that.

Cheryl Flory
05-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Ken, he either looks smug, or a "Go ahead, Make my day!" attitude. lol

Yes, Ken, I noticed that the tip of the nose is oof. bummers. I had focused on the nostril on our right thinking that would get all of the face in focus. I should have increased the dof a bit. but he left before I could get back outside after seeing that on the computer.

someone asked if the image was supposed to be on an angle. I lined up his eyes in Photoshop to make them level, but I did like and intentionally kept the board on a diagonal. My other image is a straight on view with a straight board, but it seemed more static than this image. (and I think his nose is a bit out of focus there too :o but I will have to check.)

OvidiuCavasdan
05-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Nice pose, I like his look:)..., sharp eyes, and like the bg color. I dont mind the shallow DOF. I would clean the white spot at the bottom.

Charissa
05-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Ditto Ken on the face. Nice comp, and like his smug look. Not a pretty customer, but a pretty shot for sure.

Mike Moats
05-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Cheryl, very cute little guy, perfect focus on the eyes. I always like lines on angles, so I think you did fine, you could have also shot so the perch was angled up opposed to downward. Good BG

Julie Kenward
05-25-2010, 07:38 AM
He's adorable! Agree that the tip of the nose is the only distraction here - everything else is very well done. I like that you lined up the eyes and left the image on a slant - nice job cropping as well.

Christopher Miller
05-25-2010, 09:09 PM
A very cute little guy! Love the pose and expression. :)

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Love the details captured here. And yes, this seems to be a fat toad!:)