PDA

View Full Version : Lit Tumbleweed

Dave Mills
05-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Shot this at Antelope Canyon a number of years back. This was originally shot as a slide.Do you think it would be stronger with some cropped off the bottom? Looking for critiques...
Don't have specs but remember how I shot it.
Nikon F5,24-120,F22,long shutter speed,warming filter,tripod mtd

Morkel Erasmus
05-23-2010, 02:30 PM
you guys who still shot film understand a few things us noobs don't :)

I like this as posted Dave. Lovely light, detail, texture, clarity and pleasing composition.

Mike Fuhr
05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Dave -- I like the comp as is and would not take anything off the bottom. Very nice detail and color for a slide scan.

Nick Palmieri
05-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice job Dave, I like it as presented. Really nice exposure. Love to see this in B&W also.

Robert Amoruso
05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
THe long vertical works well Dave - accentuates the long lines in the canyon. The brush is a nice plus.

Kobus Tollig
05-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Nice Abstract here well done on this

peter delaney
05-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Dave

so sorry to be the odd one out, agree its s a lovely abstract.
But for me it needed a little extra punch and slight crop off bottom, I wanted to highlight that lovely twist in center.

so just tweaked the the darks in curves and up the highlights a little, then some LCE ...

great image no matter what you decide

Dave Mills
05-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi Peter, The added contrast gives a different look to the image. The eye has a tendancy to zero in more on the center...

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey Dave,
I've debated the tumbleweed for a while now....I find that it works because it has some depth and texture to it. I defintiely prefer the OP's contrast.....just a bit much on Peter's repost......but I have the luxury of having been there many times but do wonder if darkening the MG just a touch, to make the RH lines stand out more would improve this even more. Just something to explore.
You may not recognize the place now.....it has gotten that busy!