PDA

View Full Version : problem viewing Photoshop podcasts

John Chardine
05-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Not exactly photo-related but I thought I would give the BPN community a try- I run Macs and have recently been viewing Podcasts related to Photoshop. In many the video runs great while in others I just get the audio part with a white window where the video part should be. I have confirmed that these are video podcasts and so should have a video component. I'm running the latest version of Snow Leopard (on Macbook) and Leopard (on G5) and all the other relevant software. Problem occurs on both machines.

Here's an example. If you go to iTunes store and do a search for "photoshop cs5 has arrived" you will get a podcast from thedigitalphotographyconnection.com. I can play the video on their website but I get a white window with no video in iTunes. I'd be interested to know what others see.

Thanks.

Tony Whitehead
05-23-2010, 02:40 PM
John, I thinks it is the issue with Apple and Flash. In you web browser a plugin plays the flash video but Quicktime, which iTunes uses, doesn't play flash video. This link may offer a solution
http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/comments/how_to_send_youtube_videos_to_itunes_just_click/

John Chardine
05-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Many thanks Tony. I wouldn't have thought of that at all, although I am used to Flash not playing on the idevices. I wish Apple and Adobe would grow up and sort that one out. I'll report back if this leads somewhere.