PDA

View Full Version : Membership payment question

Rene A
01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I would like to support this forum as a payable member but NOT pay via Pay Pal..do have other payment credit card payment option????

Thanks

nctemper

Judy Becker
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
I am wondering the same thing.

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM
We are working on this, thanks for bringing it up!!

Jason Vaclavek
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I thought I would have to create a paypal account to become a member here. That is not so. Paypal allows you to pay with your credit card like any other transaction, with out making an account with them.

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Great info, Jason, thanks!

Steve Foss
01-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I signed up just as Jason did. PayPal used to require a PayPal account for transactions, but no longer. Now it works as Jason said, and there are no greater risks using PayPal online than any other similar service.

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I have a different question regarding paid membership. What is the benefit of being a member? Only paid members will be able to post after April? I did not hesitate to pay right after my registration :D just would like to know if it was a simple support (what I don't have problem with) or something is beneficial. :)
Maybe would be useful to clarify it under the Membership menu.
Szimi

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I have a different question regarding paid membership. What is the benefit of being a member? Only paid members will be able to post after April? I did not hesitate to pay right after my registration :D just would like to know if it was a simple support (what I don't have problem with) or something is beneficial. :)
Maybe would be useful to clarify it under the Membership menu.
Szimi

Szimi, good question and we are working in clarifying the guidelines.

For $20 we get to host your images after April, you can upload from your computer, which is very convenient.

After April, you can use your hosting and upload a smaller image for free, but we will require registration.

That is so far what we are planning.

Steve Foss
01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
I really like being able to upload images directly from my computer instead of having to mount them on photobucket and use a url link. As a workflow issue, the former option is more elegant than the latter, and for someone who intends to participate fully on these forums, that alone may be worth the price of admission.

And for what it's worth, $20 annually to support what may become one of the most valuable specialty photography sites out there, with lots of accomplished and talented avian shooters as staff, is not much money.

And no, the site administrators did not compensate me for those statements. Just my $.02. :D :D :D

Fabs Forns
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I really like being able to upload images directly from my computer instead of having to mount them on photobucket and use a url link. As a workflow issue, the former option is more elegant than the latter, and for someone who intends to participate fully on these forums, that alone may be worth the price of admission.

And for what it's worth, $20 annually to support what may become one of the most valuable specialty photography sites out there, with lots of accomplished and talented avian shooters as staff, is not much money.

And no, the site administrators did not compensate me for those statements. Just my $.02. :D :D :D

Thanks, Steve!

We tried to keep cost at a minimum and if you compare the going rate of similar places, we are not too bad ;)

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I really think $20 as a fee for a training. That is really a piece of cake compared what we get form the masters all around. WE JUST HAVE TO SAY A BIG BIG THANKS TO Them to sacrifice their expensive time for us beginners or developers. Certainly one will not like those sentimental approach but inside everyone feels the same, I am sure.
Szimi

Richard Lee
01-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Will BPN offer the option of membership payment by check?

Peter Hawrylyshyn
01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Will BPN remain a commercial free site or will start seeing pop-up's and banners, ...

Jon Saperia
04-10-2011, 03:49 PM
I know I paid last year with a credit card. I have tried several times recently to renew my subscription without becoming a paypal member. I just can not seem to get it to work and would appreciate some information. The system will not process the transaction without creating a password for a paypall account. If there is a screen that allows credit card payment, I can not see it.

/jon

William Malacarne
04-10-2011, 06:32 PM
If I remember right you can go into pay pal like you are going to pay that way but then you have an option to use a credit card.

Bill

Jon Saperia
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks, but that does not work. You are not able to continue unless you create an account with a password. I did not have this trouble last year when I joined. I have sent private messages and email to James Shadle but with no answer. Is there anyone that knows if there is someone else I should contact.

Thanks
/jon