PDA

View Full Version : Fire In The Sky

Harold Brewer
03-01-2008, 10:48 PM
While in Arizona last 2 weeks ago I wanted to work on some sunset images. I had forgot to put my settings on my first post so here they are.

shutter 1/50s
aperture is f9
ISO 200
lens 28 - 300 zoom
camera is a Digital Rebel 6.5 mega pixels

Alfred Forns
03-02-2008, 07:42 AM
I like it a lot Harold Great undulating line with neat looking skies Got a crop suggestion for you Would consider taking some of the bottom, don't need that much dark, and a tad of the top where the color starts to fade. Would also sharpen the tree which I love the position Silhouettes look better with sharp edges Real nice and strong image !!!

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I agree with Alfred's suggestions on this one. Just watch for halos when sharpening the tree line.

Fabs Forns
03-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Very nice, Harold!
I would crop some of the black, too much in my opinion, and would increase saturation in the sky :)

Harold Brewer
03-03-2008, 10:51 AM
I cropped some off of the black area and at the top of the picture. I also sharpened the tree area and added some saturation. I hope that this is more like what you wanted to see. The one I sent yesterday is named Fire in The Sky.

I also was trying to add this to my original post but I couldn't figure out how to get the image added to a thread without posting a new one like I did here. Any little helpful hints will be appreciated.

Robert Amoruso
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Harold,

I merged the recrop with the original. As far as re-posting an updated image, just reply to the original thread and then below the reply box, click on "Go Advanced" and use the "Manage Attachments" to upload to revised image. Make sure it is a different name then the original post.

I like the re-crop. Just what I had in mind. Thanks for posting it.

Harold Brewer
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Thank you for all of you great help. I really appreciate it.

Bret Edge
03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Your cropped and adjusted second version is a big improvement, Harold. Beautiful sky and just enough dark mountains at the bottom to anchor the image nicely.