PDA

View Full Version : Digital Workflow with Photoshop

Ivan Leste
03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I have been looking for a book or article that would comprise a raw to finish workflow using photoshop, ideally one that would allow the download of one or more raw files with birds or wildlife images, with no processing at all, and then go all the way, showing all the actions taken, from raw conversion to the finished photo, including all the raw adjustments to convert to tiff and then, in photoshop, performing cropping, dust specs removal, cloning unwanted parts, using levels, curves, hue/saturation, shadow/highlights and other adjustments, both global and over selected areas, and then resizing and sharpening to the final product.

I’ve bought some books on the subject (including The Art of Bird Photography II by Arthur Morris) but, so far, none would allow the reader to take, on his own computer, all the actions described in print. I think that the possibility of downloading the very same unprocessed raw files used by the author would make all the difference in the learning process. Those raw files would also show us, amateurs/beginners, what a professional consider as an image worth keeping, allowing us to make comparisons with our own pictures

If someone knows of a book, article or thread conforming to that, I would be very happy to know about it.

Gayle Clement
03-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Scott Kelby's new book Scott Kelby's Seven Point System for Adobe Photoshop CS3 is just what you're looking for. The book is really well written and there are files that you download to follow along with Scott. You can buy it at Amazon.

Alfred Forns
03-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Ivan I think you are going at it the wrong way. Do fully understand what you are saying.

My advise is to break it up in sections. Look for information in those sections. The info might be from topic discussion to books or DVDs For example if you look up information in Lightroom it will basically do all you want to do

Will import from your CF card, sort, catalog, enhance (global), take to PS and back, email, print, slide show and print. Some books/DVDs would have specific but might need more than one

What you are asking for is one book to cover all your studies for College All in one book not ....... Get the point

Jim Poor
03-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Tim Gray and Ellen Anon have a good book on CS3 for nature photogs.