PDA

View Full Version : Dry Season

Paul Marcellini
03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Even though I love going to the lakes in the Everglades for sunsets, they are man-made, so I have been trying to shoot some "true" Everglades. Here's the latest, a spot that may be a foot or more underwater in a few more months.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d 10-22 iso100 f13 2.5s 3stop soft nd polarizer

http://i30.tinypic.com/rgw2ma.jpg

Michael Pancier
03-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I love this. I was there today trying to find a spot with no luck. whereabouts?

Fabs Forns
03-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Very nice Paul! You do some serious scouting, dude :)
It could use some perspective adjustment in PS.

Foreground is scary, where's the water? All at Anhinga Trail LOL

Paul Marcellini
03-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks Michael, I'm not sure I could find it again. A GPS is on my wishlist. This was maybe a 1/2 mile before the Mahogany Hammock turnoff, then significantly off the beaten path. Too many tourists right now, so I stay away from the hotspots. =) If you are scouting spots, its a bit easier to know before-hand what you are looking for in your picture. Starting at Anhinga, you have lots of pineland, until around Pine Glades Lake, then come the dwarf cypress, then more pineland around Mahogany Hammock turnoff, then dwarf mangroves start up another few miles past that.

Fabs, thanks. I'm curious what stand out the most as needing correction. Shooting the 10-22 so long has made me a bit immune to the effect.

Alfred Forns
03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Paul love this image Incredible looking clouds and what a foreground btw Mike is on a roll now as far as hiking He might just park at Roberts and walk to the the spot !!!!

.....no gps :eek: that will be twenty lashes!!! :D:)

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Very Clyde Butcher-ish. You might want to try a B&W Conversion. Some perspective control would be the way to go in PS. Nice work.

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Paul,
You've inspired me to actually bring my landscape lenses when I go down there........as I normally only bring the big glass for birds (airline restrictions and all). I think Fabs and Robert are referring to the trees leaning outward????? If they are.......I kinda like it as is. Gives a vastness to it. Very good homework and I wouldn't worry to much about man made lakes..........I have been known to carry my own water,
Roman

Travis Novitsky
03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Nice image, I love that sky. I don't mind the perspective at all....as Roman stated, it helps to provide a sense of scale to the landscape.

Rich Ikerd
03-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Another beauty Paul that really captures an often overlooked perspective of the Everglades (one with no water). Love the perspective and the subject - great clouds and colorations.

Paul Marcellini
03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks again guys, and to think I almost took a nap instead.

Bret Edge
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
There is a lot to like in this one, Paul. Gorgeous sky, an interesting FG and that stand of trees is perfectly position. Really a cool image.