PDA

View Full Version : Little Grebe Reflection

Austin Thomas
05-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

Here is a reflection image of a Little Grebe from a recent outing.

I would appreciate peoples thoughts and experiences on how reflections should be treated regarding post processing.

Do you attempt to sharpen the reflection to enhance its presence ?
Do you apply noise reduction to the reflected area ?

I normally selectively sharpen the subject and noise reduce the rest, but with a strong shadow I am not so sure.

Canon 1DMK4, 500mm, 1.4x, f6.3, 1/1000, ISO 800

C&C welcome.

Cheers

Austin

Stu Bowie
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi Austin, interesting colours, and you have captured a good reflection. With regards to your question, I actually posted a thread a little while back on the exact subject http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60167 I would maybe clean up the water infront of the wave.

Gal Shon
05-20-2010, 03:52 PM
A beautiful breeding plumage.
Lovely colors. eye contact, reflection and sharpness are very good.
Agree with Stuart regarding cleaning the water

Troy Lim
05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Very nice shot. Could have been better if shoot straight on, or to your right a bit more, using the body to cover up some of the ripples on the left of the frame, it is bright and I find it a bit distracting. Reflection is great. TFS.

Tony Whitehead
05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I love the colours in this image. I was lucky enough to photograph one of these last UK summer with green summer reflections but the browns really suit the plumage. A lower angle if possible would have reduced the bright reflection behind the bird but could be reduced in post quite easily. Agree with Stuart's suggestion. HA and exposure look perfect.

Amir Reza Borhani
05-21-2010, 03:25 AM
Nice light and good angle. I like details and color, specialy water color.Also I wish a little more space on front and a few more spce on behind of little grebe.

Matt Vosniak
05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
The colors in your image are absolutely beautiful to me Austin. I really like the HA and reflection. I might clean up the water out front as suggested and also add a little room behind the grebe if possible. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Crosswell
05-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I like the reflection and BG in this one. I agree with cleaning the water. Well done!