Canon 1D Mark III
100mm lens
1.3 sec. at f/13
ISO 100
HH
Manual mode
Manual focus
Natural light
I was trying to create a soft focus image. I adjusted my focus ring until I saw the amount of focus I wanted and took the shot. I was not looking for any one point of focus. Hope this works for some of you.:)

Dave Woeller
05-20-2010, 08:20 AM
For me, I think you nailed it Denise. I also think that the small touch of green in the lrc really adds a nice compliment to the overall feel. I love these soft shots, but haven't had much personal success with them :(

OvidiuCavasdan
05-20-2010, 12:15 PM
In my opinion it is a beautiful image! Superb colors and composition. Love that soft feel!

Julie Kenward
05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't know why but I think I'd prefer this as a horizontal with just the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 of the image. To me, it feels way too tall in the pink area. I do love the soft focus and because you don't have any obvious edges, it feels "right". If there had been an obvious edge I don't know if it had worked as well as this does!

Ken Childs
05-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't mind that there isn't a sharp area to focus on but my eye keeps getting pulled to the green area. I'm thinking I want either more green or none at all.

denise ippolito
05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated.:)

Ed Cordes
05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Denise, I know I am late to the party. However I think this is great as presented. The soft colors and focus create a wonderful abstract image. The touch of green in the LRC adds a sense of grounding and tells you what you are looking at. Super!