PDA

View Full Version : Eye Contact

Michael Hogan
05-18-2010, 01:30 PM
This Saddle Billed Stork spent about an hours trying to eat this cat fish and finally succeeded. It must have heard the camera because he was so intent on eating the fish that he was paying no attention to anything else. Then suddenly I looked through the viewfinder to find therse piercing yellow eyes staring at me - a bit disconcerting. But with a blink he was back at work and forgot about me.

This was taken at the small dam in the Mopane Bush Lodge, SA.

Canon EOS 40D, EF500 + 1.4TC, 1/1000 at f5.6, ISO 200, AP Pattern Metering

Not sure if the image works but let me know what you think

Thanks

Michael

Ian Cassell
05-18-2010, 02:25 PM
It certainly works for me. It is a "don't even think about it" look he is giving you. I might crop a little off the right but I still like it.

Alfred Forns
05-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Michael Works for me and its a mighty fine image !!!

The strongest part is the intense eye contact, captured the moment !! Good exposure, sharpness and processing. If you have a little room on the right would not mind it, seems slightly tight. Not sure if you had
a chance for a head shot? .. would have made a nice image against the pretty blue water if he lifted his head a bit !! Like it a lot !!

Lance Peters
05-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Excellent - pretty much nailed this - could wish for a bit more room.
Love that intense stare.
Love it :)

Harold Davis
05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
works for me too!! THOSE EYES!!!!! only wished the fish didnt blend in so much with the mud. nothing you could do there. great job with this guy!!

Stan Cunningham
05-19-2010, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't change a thing, you "nailed" it as Lance says.

Jill Davis
05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Love the eye contact on this. The colors on the stork are really beautiful. Nice job.