PDA

View Full Version : Purpled eared Hummingbird

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-18-2010, 08:47 AM
This was photographed in the gardens of Areanal. No flash was used just natural lighting and a natural habitat. It was a lot of fun trying to capture them in this beautiful setting.

Nikon D3
Nikon 500 mm F4
ISO 400
1/1000, F8
manual

All comments are appreciated !! thank you

Bruce Enns
05-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I can't resist any hummingbird shot Judy. I like the wing position and the eye contact and the hint of neck and ear jewelry. Good exposure. I think you've done well with the comp given the wing position. I find the brighter elements in the background and the large pollen(?) glob on the bill a bit distracting.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Bruce

wendell westfall
05-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Judy: Congrats! I'm never successful in stopping that wing motion -- beautiful pose. And I think the branches showing in the background are attractive in this image, but would like to see the ones on the right (the ones the bird seems to be looking into) blurred a bit more.

Fabs Forns
05-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Nice to be able to get one in the real setting, and good job of al most freezing the wings. Good color and EXP is right on.

Sid Garige
05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Unique hummer image Judy. Like it.

Juan Aragonés
05-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Judy this ones seems to be a big crop because the fine details of the feather has been lost but I really like this image because it looks really natural and show details of the environment. It is different to other images of hummers that you and other have been posting from a set-up with a lot of flashes. Do not take me wrong, I love those kind of images a lot but this one is, just different :)

BTW, the bird is a bit centerde in th eimage and I think that some aditional room at the right would improve the composition