PDA

View Full Version : squall line

daniel valovich
05-18-2010, 06:59 AM
This is the leading edge of a severe thunderstorm thant rapidly went over head @ about 50 mph. It left several inches of hard rain and straight line winds took out some big trees. Storms seem to be getting meaner.
It is not close to perfect because I was limited in time so I hurried so I could stitch the images together. The sky was boiling and changing quickly.
Stitched using Microsoft ICE.
4 horizantal images
nikon d33
tamron 11-16 f2.8 @16mm
f-4
1/640s
iso 640
HH
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_0lSa66pPKio/S_Gtob-fABI/AAAAAAAADco/TDsaKu6qK2c/s800/squall%20line%20final.jpg

Dave Mills
05-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Dan, The clouds are striking and have alot of drama. Good job with the stitching and the offset opening in the clouds. I would wish for a bit more on the bottom....

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Daniel,

I agree with Dave, too little FG. If this is a function of the stitch and having to crop it due to curvature of the images, then frame taller next time. If you limited the FG due to the structures there, best to include them and not make the image looked cramped or truncated.

Great looking clouds.

Roman Kurywczak
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey Daniel,
Killer sky!!!.....do agree on the base though.....hope it's there in the original!

Morkel Erasmus
05-24-2010, 05:18 AM
awesome drama here...I've found that I'd rather frame the images "portrait" and make more frames to stitch, as this gives you more room top to bottom in the end. I would like to see more FG as well, and also some more exposure on the FG and earth.