PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Hearts

Bob Miller
05-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Nikon D-300
90 mm Tamron Macro f2.8
1/20 sec at f11
ISO 800
Eager to learn so all comments and suggestions are welcome!

Image looks more saturated in posting than in optimized file...Don't know why
I know i lost focus on the left side flower...maybe f22 would have been better but than my bg wouldn't be as nice...looked focused at the time at f11 with def preview....suggestions?

Cheryl Flory
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I like the details in the right 3 blossoms, and especially that they are in different stages and positions. I agree about the oof one on the left. I suppose if you don't like it, it would be fairly easy to crop it off and cloned in the edges. Your image has turned out better than any of mine of of this plant!

Kaushik Balakumar
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Love the texture on the petals and the way the flowers are arranged on the stem, one next to the other.
Very beautiful image.

Ken Childs
05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
This is a lovely shot with a very nice comp and fantastic colors. You could crop off the left flower and still have a nice image but before you do that, try some selective sharpening on the OOF areas. It may or may not work but it's worth a try. :)

OvidiuCavasdan
05-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Nice flowers. I like the composition and colors. Would like too see just a bit more room at bottom.

Anita Bower
05-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Nice composition, colors, light and BG. I, too, find it challenging to get all flowers in focus and still preserve a blurred BG.

Julie Kenward
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Bob, if alll else fails, cut and paste!

I first cloned out the bottom of the first heart. I then took the bottom of the second heart and copied that selection (Ctl +C) and then pasted it (Ctl +V). That left a second copy directly on top of the first one. I then grabbed the move tool, grabbed the selection and moved it to where the first bloom had been. Voila! Instant focus!

Now, of course, you'd want to add more canvas to the bottom and probably line it up better than I did but don't forget that any time you have something in the photo that is exactly what you need somewhere else in the photo this "cut and paste" or "transplant" process works fairly well. Just make sure at the end you zoom in 100% to clean up any edges and then always say "I copied and pasted the bottom of the bud from the second onto the first" so we know what worked in the image and what you fixed in pp.

Beautiful image! Just needs a little tender loving care.

Anita Bower
05-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Bob, if alll else fails, cut and paste!

I first cloned out the bottom of the first heart. I then took the bottom of the second heart and copied that selection (Ctl +C) and then pasted it (Ctl +V). That left a second copy directly on top of the first one. I then grabbed the move tool, grabbed the selection and moved it to where the first bloom had been. Voila! Instant focus!
Wow! I just tried this and it worked! Thanks, Jules. :-)

Julie Kenward
05-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Anita, you didn't know that? I'm surprised!

Anita Bower
05-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Anita, you didn't know that? I'm surprised!

You might be surprised at how little I know about photoshop and post processing. I've learned a lot from you. (Thanks.) And, I'm now more interested in post processing.