PDA

View Full Version : Sparrow Portrait

Dave Phillips
03-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Went through a spell this winter photographing common sparrows of different varieties.
(they were what was available)
This is one particular young one I liked cropped to portrait.
1/250", F/7.1, ISO 400, +0.67EV, 400mm
Taken in NW Louisiana past Nov.

thanks you for comment/critique.....I did check for that bit of head turn on this one

Mike Milicia
03-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Nothing common about the image !
Gorgeous portrait with amazing detail ! Well done !

Maybe a bit more room at the top for my taste.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Great sparrow macro. :) Maybe a bit tight in the frame and I would prefer if the brown spot on the right side and the dark band on the left were not there.

Dave Phillips
03-01-2008, 03:35 PM
thanks Mike

Great sparrow macro. :) Maybe a bit tight in the frame and I would prefer if the brown spot on the right side and the dark band on the left were not there.

much appreciate the critique Axel.......I'll clean it up a bit
Thaks

Arthur Morris
03-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Sharp. Nice COMP. And as above. You might consider cleaning up the lower mandible if that fits with your personal ethics. Later and love, artie

Jody Melanson
03-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Gobs of detail here Dave. I kinda like the vignetting on the left side in the bokeh. Would be much better if it were on the right side as well. Here I did it to show.

Notice where I circled in red the weird patterns that happen sometimes with feathers? My 400/5.6 does this sometimes as well.

http://jmelanson.smugmug.com/photos/260653073_HTShx-O.jpg

Dave Phillips
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Gobs of detail here Dave. I kinda like the vignetting on the left side in the bokeh. Would be much better if it were on the right side as well. Here I did it to show.

Notice where I circled in red the weird patterns that happen sometimes with feathers? My 400/5.6 does this sometimes as well.

wow, thanks Jody,,,,that dark gray is actually the oof sign post at McDonald's.
It does look good when added to right side.....and I'll have to watch for those feather patterns.
This is right at a 100% crop

Simon Bennett
03-03-2008, 03:00 AM
I really like the detail you have captured Dave.