Return visit to again photograph the Ospreys...Taken just after sunrise

Nikon D300
Nikon 300/2.8
ISO 400
f/8 @ 1/1600
Manual, Hand held

Alfred Forns
05-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi Ken Sharp and well exposed !! Just need the light angle, parts of the bird are dark and even at this early light there is a strong shadow line at the edge of the wing.

Light must have been good as you mention since you were shooting at sunny 16 (zero comp) and the whites with light are fine. Perch wise I like you are including a bit just wish it was a little more. Doing well !!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
05-17-2010, 07:15 AM
It sure is an awesome place Ken, was there yesterday with H and had a great time, no wind at all and water was flat. Like your composition and the great eye contact.
Regards,

Ken Lassman
05-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks Alfred...wish I had more nest to show on the bottom (knew you would say that :))...but this gal was in my face almost head on....only cropped from the top a little. Am I ready to move up to a full frame body???...Just kidding. Hope you and Fabs are well

Hey OZ....Bet you had great time with H he is fun to be with. Water was a little choppy on Saturday..the place is just beyond belief....I just keep going back

Peter Farrell
05-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Very nice composition, Ken.I like the eye contact wing position and hanging feet.
Peter