PDA

View Full Version : Calla Lily

Julie Kenward
05-16-2010, 07:31 AM
This is the plant that the weird insect was sitting on. I was cleaning up some files last night and realized I'd never posted it. I believe the BG was black posterboard but the photo was taken outside in filtered sunlight and the BG darkened in pp.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro
f5/6 @ 1/100th, ISO 400
Manual mode, pattern metering, Daylight WB
Handheld, natural light

denise ippolito
05-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Jules, I love the color of the Calla Lily. I do wish there was more in focus. I keep looking for a sharp area to rest my eye. I think the black BG is nice. I'm wondering if a vertical crop w/ more stem and a tiny bit more room on the left would be good.:)

Ken Childs
05-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Lovely soft colors and the crop as presented looks fine to me. For some reason the only OOF area that really bothers me is the stem.

Julie Kenward
05-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Denise, I was thinking of adding more to the left so thanks for that confirmation. Ken, I agree - the stem is what's bothering me as well. I might have to do a "transplant". I like the way the flower came out but that stem is still bothering me. Thanks for your input and comments folks!

Bob Miller
05-16-2010, 07:48 PM
HI jules, I like the softness of this image...on the black bg......I do agree that the stem doesn't quite make it...BTW How do you do a transplant?

Anita Bower
05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I didn't notice the stem as I was focused on the beauty of the flower--color, smoothness, curves.