PDA

View Full Version : Avocet nesting

wendell westfall
05-15-2010, 04:19 PM
D90 70-200+2X@310 1/320 f5.6 ISO640 0EV monopod

Taken today on a sunless morning. Cropped slightly and only a tiny eye-catch-light added; unsharpened. Wish I'd planned a better DOF for the tail.

Wendell

denise ippolito
05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Wendell, I like the composition and your placement of the Avocet in the frame. Nice inclusion of the environment and the nesting behavior is always great to see. I might selectively sharpen parts of the bird for web presentation.:)

Daniel Cadieux
05-15-2010, 05:24 PM
I love the composition, and low angle. DOF is fine, you don't need to worry about getting the tail sharp as everything that should be in focus is. Speaking of sharpness, you say it is unsharpened, but you should definitely sharpen the image as it is to your advantage to have people view your image to its full potential!

Other minor point is I find the image could use a boost in saturation, and I find there is a bluish colour cast - no doubt caused by the cloudy condition, but still there.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Very lovely capture and a first for me as I have not seen an avocet nesting. Love the composition and low angle and agree with Daniel's comments on sharpening. Many thanks for sharing.