I want to share with you this image of a leaf related to the ''elephant ears''

Canon 30D
Canon 100mm Macro
f/5.6
1/3sec.
ISO 1000
Hand Held
Full Frame
My friend Cope helped me by illuminating the leaf with a flash light.

Very minor PS work, almost straight out of the camera.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome as always. :)

Desmond Chan
05-15-2010, 01:50 AM
I like the color very much ! Unless you have a particular idea in mind you want to show, personally I would sharpen it more.

denise ippolito
05-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Juan, I like the artistic look to the leaf and don't mind that it is not razor sharp but the spotlight effect from the flashlight is just a little overpowering. I think it's interesting TFS.:)

Julie Kenward
05-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I also think the brightest area is a bit too bright and the darkest area a bit too dark - can you darken the center a bit and bring up the edges a little? Might still give you the dramatic feel without it being quite so harsh.

Neat flow to the leaf...I love Elephant Ears! What a great plant they are!

Arthur Morris
05-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I like the light but agree with toning it down a bit. What I would have loved to have seen is a wider view with a dark border (of varying size) on all four sides. :)

Ken Childs
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
What I would have loved to have seen is a wider view with a dark border (of varying size) on all four sides.
Artie hit on exactly what I was thinking. I like the flow of the veins but that green is a bit too harsh.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
I'll see if I can come up with something close to what Arthur envisions, I think I could give it a try, thanks everyone for your input. :)

Michael Lloyd
05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
I like the implied flow of the leaf. I liked Artie's suggestion. Maybe you could have your friend shoot his flashlight through a small box to make the light pattern more square?

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I like the implied flow of the leaf. I liked Artie's suggestion. Maybe you could have your friend shoot his flashlight through a small box to make the light pattern more square?
That's something I will try next time for sure, so far, thanks to everyone for your comments.