PDA

View Full Version : elephant study

Hilary Hann
05-14-2010, 02:59 AM
This young elephant (an orphan from Sheldricks, Nairobi) had its' head burrowed against another elephant and I liked the light on the ear, just giving a hint of the animal. Wasn't sure whether to post here on OOTB.
7D; 300mm; f8.0; 1/250; +0.5; ISO200
Any C&C welcomed. Thanks.

Tom Graham
05-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, my initial first impression was that it was a tail. What can I say????
Tom
ps - yeah, Hilary, I know, "cryptic" Tom again ;)

Hilary Hann
05-14-2010, 05:25 PM
That's ok Tom, you can be as cryptic as you like, it just means you aren't always understood.

But I understand you here. :)

Tom Graham
05-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks Hilary.
I've learned the drill here at BPN is to first say - "it's good, but, well, maybe, perhaps, you might consider, trying, just little more . . . . . :) ( nd a smiley for good luck)
Tom

Hilary Hann
05-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Tom, I don't think that's what it's like at all. Most people will try to see something good and interesting before pulling an image apart. Just like visiting a friend and finding they've had a makeover. You don't blurt out all things you don't like about their new image without trying to soften the blow. Or if you can't be helpful for improvements you might say nothing. The smileys just add expression where language doesn't.

Harshad Barve
05-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Hilary ,
This image works for me , one excellent perspective
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
05-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Hi Hilary,
For this image, out of the box section may be the right place as you will get more comments there.

I am not good at interpreting abstract art. However, I had a long look at this image. Played it with b&w as well. I think the b&w has a slight edge over the colour. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hilary Hann
05-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Thanks … it is the ear of the elephant, with the eyelashes just visible. For those who can't see it! :)

I may re-post it over on OOTB.