05-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro w/56mm of tubes
Av mode
1/15"
F2.8
ISO: 100
LR & CS3

Used surface blur to smooth out the petals and the only sharpening was sharpen edges.

OvidiuCavasdan
05-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Nice subject, I like the colors, the sharp edge and softness around . Would like to see a bit more room at bottom. I find the bright oof edge on top right a bit distracting.

Mike Moats
05-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Hey Ken, I like the overall feel of the image, and agree with Ovidiu on a little more room at the bottom. Great looking color.

Daniel Cadieux
05-14-2010, 08:46 AM
I agree with more room below, and also a bit more at top and right. My reasoning is that the curving petal in URC is rather close to the top and right edges. This is a particularly pleasing hue of pink you got here. Nice accurate focus on the front petal!

Julie Kenward
05-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Daniel nailed my critique - just a little bit more room on those three sides (if you have it) and the pink is fabulous! I think your surface blur did a beautiful job smoothing things down and leaving just the best edges for us to focus on. Really nice work, Ken. ;)

Ken Childs
05-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I didn't have any more space on top and I was afraid that just adding on the the bottom and right would put the sharp area too close to the center so I stretched the top a bit. I know this doesn't fix the top part that's crowded. How does this look? Did I add too much to the right?

Anita Bower
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Beautiful color and curves. I think what doesn't work for me in this image is the large dark area above the focused petal edge. My eye sort of falls into the dark pit and doesn't come out. Perhaps shooting from a lower angle?