PDA

View Full Version : American Wigeon drake

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10849388-lg.jpg

40D. 400 f5.6L at f/7.1. iso 400. 1/800s.

I blew the white patch. Did not find anything recoverable there. I find it hard to get details in that patch when sunlit. All C&C welcome as usual.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Joe Senzatimore
05-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Low angles like this work so well. This is one beautiful image of a great species. Perhaps just a bit tight in the frame????

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Joe, agree its a little tight. I'll have to go back to the orig to see how much space I have in front. But here's the dilemma. Adding space just in front will make it too pano for my taste. And adding above and below to balance that will make the duck much smaller in the frame. The feather details wont jump. Net net, I liked it this way. And especially because the duck has turned the head towards me creating good eye contact.

Thx a lot for the feedback. Each feedback makes me think and makes me a better photographer.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Phil Ertel
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi Kaustubh,
Nice looking bird. I love the green and most of the bird has very nice details. Too bad about the white patch. I appreciate your preference on composition and I am OK with the image as presented. The darker spot in front of the bird is mildly distracting to me. If this were mine I would try and adjust it so blended into the background a little more. Thanks for sharing.

Fabs Forns
05-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Very lively image, great eye contact and smile from the duck :)
Crops are up to the creator IMO, unless there is something really wrong with them, which is not the case here.
Agree with evicting the dark patch in front of duckie if it's OK with your post processing ethics.
Thanks for sharing, KD.

Stu Bowie
05-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Kaustubh, the low perspective works well, and the comp works for me. Good HA, and I like the detail on the head. Water colour looks good too. Well captured.

Kiran Poonacha
05-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Loved the low angle, good HA bhai and nice colours of the waters..