PDA

View Full Version : Iris blur

Ken Childs
05-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Simple blur. Increased saturation slightly and applied surface blur to smooth things out.

denise ippolito
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Ken, Beautiful colors and blur. I like that it looks like an Iris abstract. It could be flipped vertically for another great look. Nicely done. Everyone is always trying out blurs and it would be great if you could post your exif. for those who would like to re-create the look you have achieved here. Thanks:)

Ken Childs
05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Here's the info

Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 100mm
Av mode
1/15"
F22
ISO: 100
CS3

Basically your trying to do whatever you can to get the longest exposure possible and still have a good exposure. Set the ISO to the lowest setting your equipment will allow. Set the aperture to the smallest your lens will allow. Focus, start moving the camera and press the shutter. Try up and down, side to side, a circular motion or whatever you feel like trying. I think I did about 10 attempts with these flowers.

If you ever need it, I always leave the exif data intact on my images.

denise ippolito
05-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks Ken. The one thing I love about this site is everyone's generous help in supplying info and help to the other members.:) We usually just need it for in-camera techniques.

Arthur Morris
05-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I love the design and the implied motion from the blur, especially in the lower part of the frame. And the wonderful colors.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Simply beautiful.