PDA

View Full Version : HERON MONET-ish

Bill McCrystyn
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
20D 100-400L IS @ ISO400 F/8 1/180 AVERAGE HANDHELD

Panned though the brush these huge birds have such graceful lines I'm wondering how this might look with one of Kenn's treatments or as a pastel. I'll be back - maybe.

Alfred Forns
03-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Hi Bill I like the idea of panning with the bird along the brush For there images color play an important role You got a well defined eye and do like the colors Would try something to do with the large dark wing mass It is overpowering the creation

At times when doing these I might even over exposed or at least make sure there are no pixels running up the left edge !!!!

Bill McCrystyn
03-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm afraid there is not much more I can do with this one, but I am curious what you mean by pixels up the left edge?

Jim Poor
03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I believe (though I've been wrong more than once) that Al was referring to a spike at the left edge of the histogram.
I'm partial to the dark moody look, so I like this one.

Bill McCrystyn
03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I believe your right on this one Jim, I'm sure, now that you say it, that's what he meant. I atcually darken the wing area to for effect and to counter the gray shade it was. Below is a look at it framed. I could not duplicate the actual wood since it is a dark rust/redish brown burl wood with light burl swirl. I have sold 2 for $250 and 1 for $300 (my price went up :)) all customed framed which makes it much more expensive, but the burlwood really makes it come together color wise. It loses allot here in traslation. Most of my prints go for $150 in cheap Dick Blick frames.

Fabs Forns
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Well, Bill, as Artie says, what's the best test for sharpness? when the check clears... :)
If you sold 3 of these, you are on the right track!!!

I love the vegetation around it. Glad to have you back in OOTB, you know you belong here, right? :p:D

Bill McCrystyn
03-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Well, before you get to excited, thats over the course of a year and a half. I sell other prints as well but I only display them at my ice cream parlor so tourist coming in from out of town in the spring and summer see them. Not exactly a gallery in New York, but it works - and it's cheap with no commisions. :)

Alfred Forns
03-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi Bill JIm is correct I was referring to having the histogram blocked to the left