PDA

View Full Version : Dahlia

denise ippolito
05-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Canon 1D Mark III
100 mm Macro lens
f/4.5 and f/22 (4 images)
Photomerge using CS5 instead of Helicon Focus.
This was my first one w/ CS5- it worked ok. I had to do some adjustments. I saw a program given by George Lepp and he said that CS5 does a great job w/ photomerges. I imagine that it will be easier once I know what I am doing. ;) I didn't get the exact result I wanted but this came close to my vision. I posted a duotone version in OOTB. I posted this color version for Anita.:)

Julie Kenward
05-12-2010, 07:35 AM
I was going to ask you what you think of CS5. I love the image - I couldn't really tell it was a merge so that's great! I do wonder if the yellows got a little "muddy" in the conversion? They don't seem as bright as the pinks do here - but it's still an outstanding image. Beautiful comp and light on this Denise!

denise ippolito
05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Jules, They yellows in this Dahlia really aren't bright yellow. They are more like the color that is in the post. I just started playing around with CS5. According to George Lepp the HDR is suppose to be better than Photomatix and the NR is superior. I still am trying to find all the new stuff out.

Ken Childs
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have known this was a merged image. Beautiful comp, DOF and colors!

Charissa
05-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Lovely image, comp is perfect. Like the detail and colors. On CS5, i find the HDR toning to be a bit lacking, and don,t really get a realistic type of hdr from it, but then again, maybe with practice......

denise ippolito
05-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks Ken and Charissa, I appreciate the kind comments.
Charissa, I haven't even tried out the HDR-but am looking forward to it.Hopefully like you said with practice...:)

Desmond Chan
05-12-2010, 11:53 PM
That's very nice, Denise ! Composition and, of course, sharpness ;) all looks good !

denise ippolito
05-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks Desmond. I appreciate the comments.:)

Charles Wesley
05-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Denise,

Really like the color and glow to this one. Tim Grey was big on CS5 at a lecture here about 3 weeks ago.
Thanks for sharing...

denise ippolito
05-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Charles, Thank you. Tim Grey is a doll. He is so funny and SMART!!:)

Charles Wesley
05-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Denise,

Tim used to PP some of George Leep's images back in the day. He was high on CS5 and was showing how it worked in his presentation. I asked about whether Bridge really works now and he smiled and laughed.

CS5 is a definite improvement in many ways...

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Beautiful flower and work Denise!

I also can't tell that this is a set of images stitched in PS! great composition as well.

denise ippolito
05-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Juan Carlos, Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words.

Anita Bower
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Thank you, Denise, for posting the color image. I love it! Glorious pink! Beautiful compostion and capture. You did a great job with the photo-merge. I have a question about that--when you take several images with different focus points for a merge, how far apart do you make them in a macro like this? Do you just move the focus ring a bit and take another image, or do you look through viewfinder and change focus?