PDA

View Full Version : Marine stork

Juan Aragonés
05-12-2010, 07:20 AM
This is an eurasian white stork (Ciconia ciconia) one of the most familiar birds in the soth of Spain, where I live, and in many parts of western europe. It is very common in many urban landscapes in Spain becuase this species feels at home nesting in buildings,
This one is a rare case because it is breeding in a marine cliff, a very uncommon site for this species, and it is a great oportunity for taking images of this spaecies with a very unusual background: the sea.
This guy is trying to find a the best way in the air, between the turbulences, to get access to the nest platform and brings home a big branch.

As always, your coments and critics are highly apreciated :)

Almost full frame (a bit of room added to the top of the frame), Nikon D300, AFS Nikkor 500VR+1,4XTC, handheld, manual exposure, f7, ISO640, 1/1250s

Randy Stout
05-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Juan:

Lovely dorsal display with good compromise on the exposure. Like the nesting material, outstretched legs and two tone feet(probably just muddy on the bottom), as well as the background.

Always appreciate the natural history information along with the image.

Cheers

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
05-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I like the look-back pose, wing position, BG and nesting material. The whites could go a bit darker for my taste.

arash_hazeghi
05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
very nice Juan, love the top view and nesting material.