Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/16.0
Focal Length: 105 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: On, Return not detected

denise ippolito
05-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Troy, Very cool! It does look like Saturn. I love the color and the reflection. Perfect timing. My personal preference would be for a tiny bit more room on top than bottom when composing these. Nice work!!:)

Cindy Cone
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Well done, Troy! Great job with the exposure, and the colors are great. I also might like a little more room at the top.

Troy Lim
05-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Troy, Very cool! It does look like Saturn. I love the color and the reflection. Perfect timing. My personal preference would be for a tiny bit more room on top than bottom when composing these. Nice work!!:)

Thanks Denise,
This is a full frame, I could easily crop this. I need a bigger tray :)

Troy Lim
05-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Well done, Troy! Great job with the exposure, and the colors are great. I also might like a little more room at the top.

Thanks.

Christopher Miller
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Very nice, Troy! Great colors and timing. In addition to a little more room on top, I might like to see a little more detail in the center shadows, and I might lighten the right side of the image a bit. Just a few things that I think would make this lovely image even better. :)

Troy Lim
05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Very nice, Troy! Great colors and timing. In addition to a little more room on top, I might like to see a little more detail in the center shadows, and I might lighten the right side of the image a bit. Just a few things that I think would make this lovely image even better. :)

Thanks Chris.
I have learned of this way of lighting from the waterdrop guru. When I first started, I got the drop evenly lit, and I did not like that. I like the mood of the shadow. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Christopher Miller
05-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Makes sense, Troy. You know far more about these kind of images than I do.

Troy Lim
05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Makes sense, Troy. You know far more about these kind of images than I do.

hahaha, it is a personal preference Chris.
If you check out Martin Waugh's Liquid Sculpture images, you will understand why I chose to light them this way.
:)

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Troy,

Greetings. Great timing! A bit surprised at the slow shutter speed, wouldn't a faster ss have frozen the action even more? (e.g. 1/800 at ISO800 ?) My taste would run toward a bit more contrast both in color & tone, but very cool as is.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Troy Lim
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Troy,

Greetings. Great timing! A bit surprised at the slow shutter speed, wouldn't a faster ss have frozen the action even more? (e.g. 1/800 at ISO800 ?) My taste would run toward a bit more contrast both in color & tone, but very cool as is.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Michael, it is all relative. Yeah you could shoot at SS and ISO that you have mentioned, but at ISO200, I can get a real clean image. ISO800, get more noise, not that D700 is not capable of doing it.
Maybe next time, I will shoot at lower than ISO200. :) Something to try.