PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day rose

Hazel Grant
05-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Had to switch from irises because they are finished....The histogram seemed ok with this one.

f.7/ iso 400, no flash. some post work in PS

Jerry van Dijk
05-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Hazel, I like the soft light on this rose. I would have removed the leaf behind the stem. I feel that the image could use a little extra sharpness.

Dave Mills
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi Hazel, I saw your image and thought I would give you another idea.
First I took out the leaf on the left since I felt it was competing too much with the stem.
Next I rotated the image so it had more interest on a diagonal.
Finally I cropped the image where I felt it could use more balance.
I also sharpenedd it some but it didn't seem to do that much to it....

Julie Kenward
05-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Hazel, excellent work with the reds! I do think it's way OOF though. The only part that seems really sharp is the one leaf sticking up on the right. Try it again and make sure you're focused on the front of the flower.

Ken Childs
05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Hazel, since it appears you're shooting this inside, use a tripod and go to a smaller aperture so you get a better DOF. If you have some sort of remote shutter release, that's even better.

It's always a good idea to give us as much info about the camera, lens, settings, software etc. as possible. I keep all of my possible info in a .txt document so I can copy and paste. I don't have to type the settings every time I post and having them listed makes it easier to remember to give as much info as possible.