PDA

View Full Version : Red Eyed Frog From Areanl

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-10-2010, 10:19 AM
This was taken up in the mountains of Arenal, Costa Rica where we went to see the active volcano . These frogs really fascinated me an their coloring along the sides of their legs was just beautiful. I know this could be lightened up but I chose to leave it as it was taken in the rainforest and the canopy does make everything look darker.

Nikon D3
Nikon 200 mm macro
ISO 500
1/250, F10
manual

All comments are always appreciated. Thanks !

Jonathan Ashton
05-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Another gem of a shot Judy, I like everything but at first I was a little perturbed by the upright leaf behind the frog and I wonder if it could be successfully cloned or brushed, but the more I look the more my eye is drawn to the frog and not the leaf.

Nick Palmieri
05-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Cool capture. Love the colors and the environment. The head angle police may get you but good as presented...How big is this guy?

Jerry van Dijk
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi Judy, excellent details on this beautiful frog. I'm happy you chose to keep the darker look, because it accentuates the use of back (or is it side?) light, which adds interest to the image.

OvidiuCavasdan
05-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Like the composition, colors and sharpnes are very nice! Another great frog image!

Julie Kenward
05-11-2010, 07:15 AM
You are the queen of frogs now, Judy! Another very interesting and beautiful image! Only thing I see that bothers my eye is the tiny OOF leaf in the very bottom right corner. There are also a few very small spots on the underside of the leaf furtherest to the left - might clone those out if you feel the need.

Ken Childs
05-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Judy, this looks great as is. A little clean up of a spot here and there would put this over the top. :)

Tim Munsey
05-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Wow, just love these frogs! I would just lighten his snout a little.

Tim

Charissa
05-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Super detail and macro work Judy. Love the shot as is.