PDA

View Full Version : Star Cruiser

Steve Maxson
02-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I wasn't sure whether to post this one to wildlife or landscape, but my brain was in "mini-landscape mode" when I took this photo so here it is. Image taken in early morning on Sanibel at low tide. I like the tracks these starfish make as they "race" along over the wet sand. 20D, 90mm tilt/shift (tilted to maximize DOF), 1/10, f/16, ISO 400, cropped from top and bottom for more of a pano look. Comments welcome.

Alfred Forns
02-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Just beautiful Steve !!!! Love the patterns in the sand If you can make the image with strong rising sun (no clouds) Shadows will from between the ridges giving tremendous depth Big Congrats !!!

Robert Amoruso
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Steve,

The pano idea works well here. To answer your question on the correct forum, wildlife would have been correct as the subject is the starfish but we will leave it here. I would have included just a little bit more in front so as not to clip the indentation on the left edge. Or you could clone it out and blend in with the sand ripples.

I posted an version below where I just did a local contrast enhancement using unsharp mask using 30 amount, 30 radius, 0 threshold.

Nicely seen image and its possibilities exploited by using the tilt-shift lens. I did the contrast enhancement to accentuate the ripples in the sand more.

Steve Maxson
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the comments Robert and I like the changes you made in the repost.