ISO 400
1/2000 f5.6
Manual Exp.

Hope you enjoy.

Steve

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi Steve,
Nice interaction you witnessed. How old is this grizzly? Cropping from the top to remove the bright white band will bring the focus on the subjects. How did this situation pan out? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ignacio Yufera
05-10-2010, 03:10 AM
I agree with Sabyasachi on the crop. Great little story here, would love to know how it ends!
I really like the frosty feeling and the coyote's expression.

peter delaney
05-10-2010, 03:48 AM
love the image, hope you do not mind the repost... , have cropped,curves, selective colour, and sharpened

love interaction images....

peter

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Hi Steve, looks like a young bear and you have to feel for it. I like the imagery of the two and it does convey what is happening.

Cropping, for me just a hint off the foreground to lose the snow, the 'wolf' looks moderately sharp but the bear isn't sadly, so perhaps a smaller f stop might have been better as you had the SS. Is this image cropped? I prefer the OP, as Peters is just too contrasty and has introduced more noise IMHO, probably as it looks sharpened overall oppose to selective, sorry Peter. ;)

TFS
Steve

Alfred Forns
05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Does look like a young bear but still a mismatch except for experience !! Great interaction

Would only take some from the top, agree with Steve on the re post being a little dark/contrasty

.... btw Hayden Valley looks a lot different there than it did in January :) Saw the Mollie wolf pack from a distance but no chance for pictures ... just enjoyed the scene !!!

Peter Coskun
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Great interaction between the two. I love the intensity on the coyote and do agree taking some off the top to balance the image.

Grant Atkinson
05-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi Steve, great interaction well captured here, agree with the others on the bright spot on top. I loved the intensity shown between these two competitors.
TFS
Grant

Charles Glatzer
05-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Way to go. Very nice capture of this behavioral interaction.

I am heading to YNP for a week, starting Thursday. Looks like the bears are active...can't wait.

Best,

Chas

Michael Lloyd
05-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Very nice. I think I saw the series on the YS forum. Peter's version is a little too crunchy imho.

Michel Pilon
05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Hello Steve,

Wow! I really like this picture!!! What a powerful moment captured on pixel! I prefer a lot better the original post. I think that the suggestion to crop a part of the top a good one. The question which come in my mind is what happened next???

Cheers and Thank for sharing :-)

Michel

Harshad Barve
05-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Now thats called as daring :D:D:D
Excellent image and I liked this very much as posted
TFS