PDA

View Full Version : bunny

matthew dombrowski
05-09-2010, 05:20 PM
i just started photography two days ago this a pic from the first time i ever went shooting with my friends old camera just want to know what you think http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/bsd510wag/myphotos023.jpg
canon eos rebel xt
f/8
1/500
iso 400
300mm

Alfred Forns
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
I think its a keeper and a good one for you first timeout !!! Big Warm Welcome !!!

You got a nice pose, good head turn toward you, well exposed ... did real well getting detail having the image backlit !!! .. could increase contrast just a bit and might tighten some !!!

... pm sent for name update !!!

Lance Peters
05-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi Matthew - Big warm welcome to the BPN Family - Nice first post.
You have a good head angle and good eye contact.
As mentioned by AL - just a touch more contrast would improve.

Keep em coming :)

matthew dombrowski
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Ok thanks for the look overs I guess now ill have to learn how to fix the pictures

Dave Mills
05-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi Matthew, I also extend a warm welcome and knowing the weather in Phoenix there is alot of warmth!!
Good first effort! I like your positioning of the rabbit within the frame. The image is sharp along with nicely backlit ears.
Doing corrective work on digital images have almost become the norm in serious digital photography. Good photographers generally don't like to depend greatly on radical corrective work and prefer to get it right in camera but there are tweaks and corrective measures that many photographers utilize. It's available in the digital world and IMO should be taken advantage of when needed.
You might want to take a beginners course in Photoshop(many around) to see some of the things you can do with that software. It can be as easy or involved as you choose...keep shooting!

PeterCollins
05-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Just repeating whats said above really. Warm Welcome, i am quite new here myself but you will find Dave, Lance, Alfred and the others will always be lurking to help where they can, as we all will where we can but they are the experts ;)

Photoshop is definitley something or a monster to wrestle, I read a few books and just keep posting and tweaking till i get something that looks good, trial and error my friend!

Re the picture, HA is good, BG is good, harsh light from behind the target is hard and did well to get a good exposure

Now time to get the photographic bug ya self and get your own DSLR :D

matthew dombrowski
05-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Did just bought a canon 40d three days ago been shooting since

Alfred Forns
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi Matthew Look through the tutorials !! Main thing is getting a good result in camera then all else will be simple !!! Just try learning on step at a time !!!

Peter Coskun
05-10-2010, 06:24 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/4596504723_0196b7f213_o.jpg

Cropped, Slight curves adjustment, contrast and selective sharpening.