PDA

View Full Version : Old blue eyes..

Charissa
05-09-2010, 04:00 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2drhojt.jpg

Not quite happy with the comp and shot for some reason, but did not have a lot of time to get all the technical stuff correct. Took about 5 shots before this guy flew away.
I miss my 100mm sometimes, for with it, i would have gotten the antennae in focus as well..:o
50D, Mpe 65mm lens.
ISO 200
f16
Canon ring flash used, ss 250.
This is to ditto Julie,s "we need more BUGS.";):D Maybe we can do the bugs on flowers version...:D

Julie Kenward
05-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Actually, that was Don who wants more bugs ;) but I totally agree! I really do like the details in his eyes, Charissa, but you're right that something's not quite right...I can't quite figure it out - the comp or the overall darkness to the image? Let's see what the others think...

Ken Childs
05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey Charissa, I like the comp as is but the main problem I see is that the eyes are in focus but everything looks a bit "flat". I ran some NR on this to clean up the BG and then increased the contrast and sharpened it a bit. Let me know what you think.

I had to save this at a lower setting than the original to get it under 200kb.

Don Lacy
05-09-2010, 04:19 PM
HI Charissa, You got to love the bugs:D I think Ken was got it right all it needed was a touch of contrast. Those eyes are amazing keep them coming.

Charissa
05-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks everyone. Ken, like yours better. Thanks.