PDA

View Full Version : Affection...............

Tom Dolezal
05-09-2010, 01:09 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Wildlife/_Y8I7885.jpg

From a visit to NW Scotland where I came across these 2.

Technical: Canon 1Ds Mk2, Canon 500 f.4 IS, Canon 2x TC Mk2, f/8, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, -1/3 EV, AV mode,

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking.

Alfred Forns
05-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi Tom Works in a big way and love the feel !!! Framing with oof grass looks great I'm fine with the rear animal not totally visible since it obviously giving mom a kiss :) Sweet image ! Powerful eye contact !!!

Steve Kaluski
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi Tom, nice to see a break from a square format, works well and a tender moment too. ;)

For me Tom the image looks flat and just needs a slight push. It's all there, but wonder if this is more in keeping? Again slight tweak in Curves & Levels with some additional USM. If your unhappy Tom, will delete, but think this is more the right direction.

TFS
Steve

peter delaney
05-09-2010, 10:10 AM
lovely image.. good repost by steve

David Thomasson
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
A nice moment captured. I like the soft, hazy light. The drawback to that is that the flatness that someone else mentioned.
I would selectively create more contrast within the image to pull the subjects away from the background. I used a
curves adjustment layer to dim the background and some of the foreground, another to brighten the animals. I also
cropped a little off the right and bottom, since it isn't really a habitat shot (owing to the shallow DoF, which works great for me).

animated gif (460K):

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3812/affection.gif

Sabyasachi Patra
05-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi Tom,
I like the tender moment captured. The rim lighting around the ears is nice. Eye contact is good. You can play around with the contrast as per taste. Overall, a nice shot. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Alfred Forns
05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Excellent re posts and great call on the contrast Steve !!

DanWalters
05-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Very nice moment between the deer. Really like the OOF vegetation in the foreground.

Tom Dolezal
05-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Tom Works in a big way and love the feel !!! Framing with oof grass looks great I'm fine with the rear animal not totally visible since it obviously giving mom a kiss :) Sweet image ! Powerful eye contact !!!

Thanks for your comments Alfred - much appreciated.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
05-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi Tom, nice to see a break from a square format, works well and a tender moment too. ;)

For me Tom the image looks flat and just needs a slight push. It's all there, but wonder if this is more in keeping? Again slight tweak in Curves & Levels with some additional USM. If your unhappy Tom, will delete, but think this is more the right direction.

TFS
Steve

Thanks for your comments and edit Steve - just shows what a different pair of eyes can bring out in a image :D

Tom

Tom Dolezal
05-12-2010, 12:46 AM
lovely image.. good repost by steve

Thank you Peter.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
A nice moment captured. I like the soft, hazy light. The drawback to that is that the flatness that someone else mentioned.
I would selectively create more contrast within the image to pull the subjects away from the background. I used a
curves adjustment layer to dim the background and some of the foreground, another to brighten the animals. I also
cropped a little off the right and bottom, since it isn't really a habitat shot (owing to the shallow DoF, which works great for me).

animated gif (460K):

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3812/affection.gif

Thanks for your comments and your edit David - again a good example of different eyes seeing the image.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
05-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi Tom,
I like the tender moment captured. The rim lighting around the ears is nice. Eye contact is good. You can play around with the contrast as per taste. Overall, a nice shot. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Appreciate your comments Sabyasachi - thank you.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
05-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Very nice moment between the deer. Really like the OOF vegetation in the foreground.

Thank you Dan.

Tom

Harshad Barve
05-16-2010, 02:01 AM
excellent image and advise above
TFS