PDA

View Full Version : Male Purple Finch

Pierre Larouche
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

i took this photo of this Male Purple Finch yesterday in my backyard.

ISO: 640
Exposition: 1/500 s
Ouverture: 5.6
Longueur focale: 400mm

All Comments are appreciated!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_uEiWrNnQtIE/S-TavbQoYUI/AAAAAAAAbrI/McikY-zrT94/s800/IMG_0391.JPG

Joe Senzatimore
05-09-2010, 05:26 AM
If you have the control , a smaller perch would work much better. Love the color and clean Bg. I think a vertical is called for as it would eliminate most of the oof perch on the left.

Daniel Cadieux
05-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Good detail and colour on this finch. Love the slightly raised crest. Great BG too. Perch looks good, but as Joe mentions it is a bit thick for this guy. A vertical would be nice but an horizontal would also be OK if the comp was given more room as I find the bird a bit tight in the frame.

Tobias Hayashi
05-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Terrific shot! Sharpness is great as are the colours in the bird and background. Like others have mentioned, perch is a little thick, obscures the tail, but other than that an excellent shot for mine.

Peter Hawrylyshyn
05-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Agree with the above comments
Because of clean bkgd, if you have more of the perch in RLC corner, you could easily use it to replace OOF portion of perch on right side using selections and layer techniques in PS
Very nicely done

denise ippolito
05-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Beautiful details and sharpness. The BG is lovely. It seems a bit tight in the frame esp. w/ that size perch.

Lorant Voros
05-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Beautiful bird. Love the colors in this picture. You did very well IMO. I would also go for a vertical crop and try to have the perch parallel to the sensor for the next time not to have OOF parts of it. Thank you for sharing this beauty.
Lorant

Alfred Forns
05-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Another vote for the vertical and with that beautiful bg out of range would stop down some for dof !! Excellent !!!