PDA

View Full Version : Another iris try

Hazel Grant
05-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi, thought I'd try again, hoping to incorporate what you all are advising. Hope it is a better try.

shot inside against black core board.
1/60 sec. manual setting. f16 iso 100, flash set to rear. 52mm.

Julie Kenward
05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Much better! You've managed to make huge strides here, Hazel! I like the overall comp and the fact that you went vertical here. It is still a tiny bit underexposed as your histogram is showing not much data in the far right box but that's an easy fix with a level's adjustment. My only other suggestion would be angle the stem either straight up and down or slightly leaning away from you - here it's leaning towards us and feels a tiny bit "off balance."

Much improvement, though! My hats is off to you for going back and trying again. THIS is what makes us all better photographers!

Ken Childs
05-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Hazel, as Jules mentioned, there are some minor faults but I think she's right and most of those could easily be fixed with your photo editor. While you're working on it, I think it would look better if you could even out the color on the stem. Those blotches should be easy enough to clone away.

Hazel Grant
05-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks. I'll keep working at it.

Anita Bower
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Hazel: As Jules wrote--the improvement in your flower photos is noticeable! Good for you!!! I like the position of the flower--showing off the ruffled petals. The bud works well--neither dominating nor taking away.