PDA

View Full Version : Cook City Montana

Alfred Forns
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Cook City is the North entrance to Yellowstone Park but not accessible during the Winter (from outside the park), to get in and out you need to travel the road through the park to Gardiner .. only open road for cars/trucks !! Road goes through Lamar Valley and is excellent for spotting wildlife !! By the end of winter the snow is stacked very high !! Image made first of Jan.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Harshad Barve
05-08-2010, 05:16 AM
wow , looks like a place for big fun ,
TFS

Alfred Forns
05-08-2010, 07:30 AM
.. I'm into hot weather denial Harshad but I'm sure you know all about that .... our heat/humidity does not approach what you go through !!! :)

Mike Tracy
05-08-2010, 11:08 AM
One of my favorite real small towns. I have closed Miners Saloon many times over the years :D.

Rene A
05-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Looks too cold for me:D

Alfred Forns
05-08-2010, 11:52 AM
... been there Mike, neat place :) ... JB cold it is, early Oct they had lots of snow already !!!

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Never been to Cook City but stayed in Gardiner twice. And Lamar Valley is my favorite place in Ystone. Along with the Dunraven pass area. So different from rest of the park and less crowded too.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">