PDA

View Full Version : Iris after the rain

Hazel Grant
05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Caught this just after a thunderstorm which crushed most of my irises.

1/80, f4.8, iso200 48mm, foamcore board behind.

Bob Miller
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi Hazel...a nice try but I think this subject requires more DOF to at least bring the front petal into focus. I like the angle you placed your subject and the raindrops always add interest nicely!. The bg also has some spots you need to clone out. Finally the little blob at the very bottom of the stem needs to be evicted. Hope to see more of your postings!:)

Julie Kenward
05-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Bob nailed it for me...there are a few minor things that need to be cleaned up and a bit more DOF (f8-f11 maybe?) would definitely help. I also think the image feels just a tad bit underexposed. I know the yellows are more of a brown tone on this individual flower but even the BG feels a bit dark to me. Try a curves or levels adjustment and see if that brings up the drama a bit more.

Very nice placement in the frame but you might want to explore a vertical presentation for such a long, tall flower.

Christopher Miller
05-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi Hazel, Agree totally with Bob and Jules on this. More DOF and a little lightening would go a long way to improve this IMHO. Like the colors, and the water drops are a nice touch.