PDA

View Full Version : A quiet moment

wendell westfall
05-07-2010, 04:55 PM
D90 70-200VR+2X@400 1/2000 f5.6 ISO400 0EV handheld

My problem was catching one of these guys perched. I tried many flight shots but could not get a good one -- they (tree swallow) are very quick! I hope the colors are OK on this one . . . don't think I changed them. I made a pretty big crop (leaving only about 25% of the original).

Wendell

Dave Leroy
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Nicely done Wendell.
I can't tell if there is degradation due to a large crop or not, but there is certainly lots of detail and nicely focussed. I like the ss.

It is a tough exposure but it looks all right to me.

Alfred Forns
05-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi Wendell It is a good image just the large crop is hurting quality !!! As presented would try lightening the are in front of the eye so its clearly visible, Good looking birds and don't give up on flight !!! btw the toughest part about these guys is that you need to be in close focusing since they will be that close for obtaining a decent bird in frame !!! Good luck !!!

Lance Peters
05-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi Wendell - agree with the above comments and would just run a little nr on the background as well.
Keep at em.

Dave Mills
05-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Wendell,The colors seem fine to me and you positioned the bird well in the frame. Agree with Al on the large crop reducing quality and lightening the area in front of the eye. Would have liked to have seen the head looking more towards the viewer...