PDA

View Full Version : membership

Donald
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
In regards to membership Artie indicated it was free for the first three months.

#3 of the guidelines says “Registration and membership is required to post and comment in the forums.”

So my understanding from the above is after the free period you won’t be able to post images or comments unless you join. This seems clear until I read a post from Blake on NSN yesterday that says “To register, particpate, post images for critique, etc. on BirdPhotographers.Net, it's completely free (forever, not just until April). If you'd like to use the BPN image hosting service and get other member benefits, then it's only $20 for the year.”

Could someone clairlify?

Donald

Blake Shadle
01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
The verbage in the guidelines isn't accurate. You will always be able to post images (hosted on a thrid party server) on BPN without membership. I'll be changing the guidelines today. Thank you.

Judy Becker
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
If you want to subscribe there is only one choice and that is with Pay Pal. I won't use that service so how can I sign up ?

Blake Shadle
01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks, Judy. We definitely appreciate your support, but right now we're limited to PayPal. Not too long from now we should have a wide variety of payment options. I'll let you know as soon as possible. We look forward to having you as a member!

Blake

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Judy, Jason informed us that you can use Paypal without having a account there, which is great, you'll need a credit card though, to be able to do this.

Hope this helps!

Rene A
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I would like to join also without using Pay Pal ...so I called Morris office and gave them my "pay creditials" will that work?

Judy Becker
01-03-2008, 02:48 PM
After your reply I went in and signed up using my Visa debit card and then submitted the request. But I received no type of verification that it went through and it has not been debited from my account. Have you heard of any problems using this method ?

William Malacarne
01-03-2008, 05:16 PM
After your reply I went in and signed up using my Visa debit card and then submitted the request. But I received no type of verification that it went through and it has not been debited from my account. Have you heard of any problems using this method ?

Judy

I registered on the 1st and then one the 2nd I went to Pay Pal and paid the membership fee using my Credit Card and I got confirmation almost immediately.

Bill