View Full Version : The Little Blue in a Hole

Bill Foxworthy
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Canon 40D, 100-400L
1/640, f/7.1. iso800

Lana Hays
02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Bill
Your bird is a Little Blue Heron......not a Reddish Egret. I like how the bird is framed by the mangroves. He looks pretty intense on what he's focused on. It doesn't look like you had much light to work with but I think you did fine. There doesn't seem to be a lot of detail in the bird. It looks like the focus was on the roots in the front rather than the bird. Also....just below the bill on the mangrove.....did you clone something out.....it seems a bit blurred.

Bill Foxworthy
02-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Lana, Looked like a Little Blue to me too, I will change it. I cloned out some branches. It does look soft on here also.
bf

Alfred Forns
02-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Bill agree with Lana Can add that in this case the head angle is fine The bird is up to something and he is looking in that direction I like your idea for the framing Do remember to focus on the eye and recompose Either use one shot or hold focus

The best places to go after these guys are at marinas Like to hang around waiting shrimp Can get some neat head shots !!!

James Salywoda
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Nice shot Bill ! Your position on this Heron was perfect alittle head turn towards the camera would of been great. I also like the way the bird is framed with no distractions behind it.