PDA

View Full Version : Frog From San Jose, Costs Rica

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
While walking in the gardens at our hotel I came across this little frog in the pond. I am not sure of the species but it was so beautiful to watch.

Nikon D3
Nikon 200 F2.8
handheld
1/160, F8
manual

All comments are appreciated. Thanks !!

Mike Moats
05-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey Judy, what a cool find. great looking critter and very well done on the shot. Good sharp details and the BG works well.:)

Greg Basco
05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi, Judy. This is the yellow-sided leaf frog/blue-sided tree frog (Agalychnis annae), which is one of the most endangered frogs in the country and persists only in and around the area of the capital city. I like the composition and you got good sharpness for handholding.

Cheers,
Greg

Julie Kenward
05-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Another beauty, Judy! Two things I'd suggest - possibly taking a bit off the bottom of the frame so the frog sits a bit lower (maybe right above your signature line?) Also, if there's any way to clone over the URC so it matches the rest of the leaf I feel that would really keep that corner from drawing my eye away.

You sure were in frog heaven, weren't you? ;)

Cheryl Flory
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
What wonderful detail in this frog and stem! I really like the background, and agree with cropping a bit off the bottom, but I like the urc as to me it gives shape to the leaf.

OvidiuCavasdan
05-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Cool subject! Nice colors and details. Let's see some more!

Ken Childs
05-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Another beautiful frog image! I hope you don't mind but I wanted to see what it would look like with a tighter crop. I also smudged away the green area in the URC and got rid of some of the tiny white spots on the stem and did a few other minor tweaks.

Julie Kenward
05-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Nice repost, Ken!