PDA

View Full Version : Yellow

Bob Ries
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Took this at the Cincinnati Krohn Conservatory.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r152/bobr99/IMGP8552a.jpg

Take with;
Pentax K100D old vivitar 70-210mm lens
On camera flash with tissue paper as diffuser.
ISO 400, SS 1/180 (Fstop F16 I think).

Thanks for looking!

Bob

Mike Moats
05-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Bob, this little guy blends well with his surroundings. Good details on the critter, I like the position in the frame.

Bob Ries
05-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks!

I almost missed him on the first shot. Saw him when I checked my focus on the LCD and went in for a closer shot.

Bob

Julie Kenward
05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Isn't it funny what we almost miss while we're concentrating on other things? I also like his position in the frame. I think compositionally I'd like this even better if the entire "ring" were included in the frame and not cut off at the top. I'd also challenge you to check your yellows - there are a few places where they feel oversaturated or blown...especially the two lower corners and top right corner.

Bob Ries
05-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks Julie!

This was cropped down so I do have the full "circle" of the flower. I did boost the saturation of the colors so I can tone them down a bit. I'm still trying to find that perfect balance of not doing enough post work or doing too much. Most of the time I lean towards not enough work. So lately I've bee leaning towards doing more. Maybe too much this time. Ha Ha!!! I will go back and look at it.

Bob