05-05-2010, 06:47 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4579278963_43fa96eb2f_o.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 400 mm
ISO Speed: 640
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

Thank you for viewing. Comments and Critiques are always welcome. Don't be shy.

Vilma Rodriguez
05-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Troy, I love your image, it is very delicate.

Vilma.

Troy Lim
05-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi Troy, I love your image, it is very delicate.

Vilma.

Vilma, thank you. I am learning a lot of people's suggestions/tips.

denise ippolito
05-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Troy, Very nice sharp details, exposure and hairdo! I like the eye. I would prefer a slight more head turn toward the camera. I must say your Cattle Egret images have all been spectacular!

Alfred Forns
05-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Troy Love this image One smoking bird and great overall feel !! Just perfect for me !!! ... this is the type image that does well in contests !!!! :)

Troy Lim
05-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Troy, Very nice sharp details, exposure and hairdo! I like the eye. I would prefer a slight more head turn toward the camera. I must say your Cattle Egret images have all been spectacular!

Denise, I agree with the head turn. I posted one with him looking right at me before :)

Troy Lim
05-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Troy Love this image One smoking bird and great overall feel !! Just perfect for me !!! ... this is the type image that does well in contests !!!! :)

Al, I appreciate it. I am going back to the rookery again this weekend. Hope the light is soft again. ;)

Dave Mills
05-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi Troy, Beautiful soft light which brings out the colors nicely. For my taste(speaking for no one else) I think the HA is OK.I would feel differently if the HA was looking slightly away. It would also be improved if it was angling more towards the viewer but not a big issue.
Subject is well placed within the frame with a neutral backround...

Bob Decker
05-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Gorgeous image. Gotta love these guys when they're in breeding plumage. Love the fine feather detail in this image.

Troy Lim
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi Troy, Beautiful soft light which brings out the colors nicely. For my taste(speaking for no one else) I think the HA is OK.I would feel differently if the HA was looking slightly away. It would also be improved if it was angling more towards the viewer but not a big issue.
Subject is well placed within the frame with a neutral backround...

Dan,
Thank you for your comment. I am happy with how this turned out.

Troy Lim
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Gorgeous image. Gotta love these guys when they're in breeding plumage. Love the fine feather detail in this image.

Thank you Bob.

Oscar Zangroniz
05-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Congrats Troy. I too love this type of image. Great details, soft colors, and nice framing.

Troy Lim
05-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Congrats Troy. I too love this type of image. Great details, soft colors, and nice framing.

Thank you Oscar

Ken Lassman
05-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi Troy...this is beautiful..love the pose, breeding colors and the soft lighting....congrats! Thanks for sharing

Lance Peters
05-06-2010, 06:54 AM
like this a lot Troy - like the colours and composition.
Is that a Halo I see around the beak?????

Troy Lim
05-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi Troy...this is beautiful..love the pose, breeding colors and the soft lighting....congrats! Thanks for sharing

Thank you Ken.

Troy Lim
05-06-2010, 06:56 AM
like this a lot Troy - like the colours and composition.
Is that a Halo I see around the beak?????

Thank you Lance. I don't see halo on my monitor. Not sure about others. If so, please confirm, so I can tone it down a bit.

Lance Peters
05-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Thank you Lance. I don't see halo on my monitor. Not sure about others. If so, please confirm, so I can tone it down a bit.

100% crop of the beak area - so to show - maybe it is only my eye's??
dont know why but Halo's just really stand out to my eyes. A easy fix and worth the trouble with such a nice image.

Troy Lim
05-06-2010, 07:17 AM
dont know why but Halo's just really stand out to my eyes. A easy fix and worth the trouble with such a nice image.

Yeah, thank you.
Probably too much sharpening. :)

Troy Lim
05-06-2010, 01:48 PM

Lance, what I usually do when I resize to online sharing photo, I either run another round of USM or smart sharpening a minimal settings, I probably over did that. The big version and the tiff ones I have do not have that. :)
Good catch. Thanks again.