PDA

View Full Version : Three Stooges

Oscar Zangroniz
05-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Bored waiting for the Swallowed tailed kites.
Nikon D300s
300mm F4 w/ 1.4 tc @420mm
F5.6
1/400
ISO 400

Don Hamilton Jr.
05-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Oscar, cool pic, and great title!! ( Three Knuckleheads) :D Like it alot, very different, like the black and white perspective look!
TFS Don

denise ippolito
05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Oscar, I like the B&W look and the details look very good. I might take a tiny bit off the top if it were mine.

Alfred Forns
05-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi Oz Your taking a beating with the kites but glad others are keeping you busy !!! btw these guys can be spectacular if you catch them gliding in !! Just luck since involving food at the park is not a good thing, would not recommend !!

I like the conversion idea but need more shadow detail, lower bird has detail but the others a re a black mass, did not see the exposure compensation but probably required close to two over !!!! Good luck with the kites !!!

Ricardo Rodriguez
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Oz, I really like your idea of converting the image to B&W. IMO the BG gives the image a spooky look, which goes well with these birds. Although the one on the left has the most detail, as Al says, my eyes just keep going back to the one on the right with the sharp open beak, so I conclude that one has to be Curly. Very nice!

BTW, I absolutely love the 3 stooges (especially Curly) and have a DVD with their classic stuff to prove it, LOL.

Dave Mills
05-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Oscar, been looking at the image for awhile and like the interplay between the trio. The bird on the right is my favorite due to it's open mouth and pose. I do find the backround very bright and causes my eye to be distracted from your center of interest....