PDA

View Full Version : Three Idiots- Part I

Harshad Barve
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Dear all

These cubs are nuts :eek::eek::eek:
They went near waterhole when one tigress was cooling her off. After this adventure they walked straight into one big male who was not at all happy with them. They tested patience of male tiger by rolling and playing infront of him. I guess cubs were aware of presence of mother at some distance. I will post 4 pictures of them and can be more of natural history document than a perfect image. Made against light in 44 deg celcius and I must say PS work is more in it. So please feel free to tweak this :D

7D , 300f4, f6.3 , 1/85 , ISO 400 , HH , cropped
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Alfred Forns
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Harshad .... now you are going for three at a time :cool: ... btw can't blame the cubs for being close to the water with the high temps !!!

Cropping wise would take some from the top, would crop below the rocks making cubs larger in frame !!

Difficult to work on the small posted image but would work on the eyes to make the prominent and might remove some surrounding debris particularly white (bright) I'm sure light was harsh since the shadows could stand a little more light but the whites are right up on the edge, did well with exposure !!!!

Mark Fuge
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Very nice image Harshad.

I envy you with your big cats ... and long lenses!! :( :eek: ;) :D

Attached is an alternate crop for you. As Al noted I cropped the top. I also cropped a little on the left and on the bottom. It brings the right cat into the 1/3 power intersection. As he is looking right down your lens, it is the focal point of the image, in my view. The crop also enlarges the cats in the frame, as Al noted.

But very nice image as is as well.

Harshad Barve
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Very nice image Harshad.

I envy you with your big cats ... and long lenses!! :( :eek: ;) :D

Thanks Mark for taking out time , much appreciated , Its ok for big cats but I dont have big lenses:( , I have only one lens i.e. 300/f4

Tom Graham
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
About cropping, I would not crop any off either side, top and bottom yes. If cropping top and bottom makes image too "long", then I'd crop some off of -both- sides.
Tom

Fabs Forns
05-04-2010, 11:06 PM
WOW, three at a time. I hope you are not going for Poker next ;)
They are sure beautiful. Agree with Alfred on the cropping from the top.
Will be looking for the rest :)

Steve Kaluski
05-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi Harshad

Firstly agree with Al's suggestion, a pano crop really does suit this image removing a lot of the dead space above and giving prominence to the Cubs. At 1/85 I do think you are pushing it, drop the F stop & increase the ISO as the clarity & depth of the image is suffering I feel. Suggest you invest in a 1.4 converter to boost you range, cheeper than buying another lens too, but not the 2x!!!

TFS
Steve ;)

Morkel Erasmus
05-05-2010, 02:50 AM
nice scene Harshad - these three look really naughty :)
agree with a crop from the top only to make it more panorama-style. Steve has got a good suggestion for getting the 1.4x
:)

Stu Bowie
05-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Harshadbhai, a great sighting overall to have three in the frame. I agree taking off the top will work. Well captured.

peter delaney
05-05-2010, 05:28 AM
wow, what a sighting, , I would love to get to photograph a scene like this,
its lunch time here in SA , so have done this on laptop in coffee shop, so colours might be a tad off..

TFS ,cant wait for more

Bob Miller
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi Harshad...beautiful colors and reflections.I would only crop from the top. I like the color in the foreground. TFS

Harshad Barve
05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks everyone , Part-II posted