PDA

View Full Version : cavern entrance

daniel valovich
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Blanchard springs caverns is a must see if you are close to arkansas.
This is the start of the Dripstone trail.
nikon d300
tamron 11-16 f2.8 @ 16mm
f-20
32sec
aperture prority

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_0lSa66pPKio/S-C-ei6ByAI/AAAAAAAAC90/CPHtAvSnzik/s800/dripstone%20trail%20head.tif.jpg

Bob Miller
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi Dan....I like the way the ceiling takes you back in the image. You might try shadow/highlight in PS to open up the shadows a bit more. Good techs!

Robert Amoruso
05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Daniel,

Really cool looking. The depth of the image is enhanced by the unique perspective and leading line of the ceiling (don't get to say that often).

The upside down look creates tension and gets the viewer thinking. S/H suggest a good one.

Dave Mills
05-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Daniel, Technically the image is handled well with good exposure. I feel you framed the image nicely considering all the information and the foreground rail. A good representation but a bit busy for my taste...

daniel valovich
05-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Thank you all.
There is alot going on with this photo. You are led to a vista in total darkness and when the lights come on it is ooooh-aahhhh. This cavern is huge compared to typical caves.

Paul Marcellini
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
What a cavern! Looks like you did very well given the restrictions. I would crop the lower left corner to eliminate the bright railing.

Roman Kurywczak
05-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Pretty cool Daniel! Agree with Paul on the LLC. Are you saying you can't add/bring light to this cavern? Try blocking some of the upper part of the frame with your hand for a bit of the exposure.....in camera burning. Just some food for thought for next time out.

daniel valovich
05-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I was the last photographer allowed into the cavern. The forest service does not allow cameras anymore into the caverns. I found this out after arriving or I would have been better prepared.
All caverns and caves are off limits to the public at this time due to a fungus that is killing the bats in large numbers