05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Took this in the Massai Mara....
1/350 sec at f4
ISO 1600
Nikon D-300
200-400 at 400mm
Taken through OOF foreground
used some (-) clarity to give dreamy effect
Was suggested by wildlife moderator to post in ootb....not sure why?

denise ippolito
05-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Bob, I love the dreamy feel, it looks like an Orton effect. The playful cub really looks great along with the adult's peaceful look. Very nicely captured and composed.:)

Cindy Cone
05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Great playful moment caught with the cubs. The colors and OOF leaves give it a dreamy quality that make it OOTB. Nicely done.

Mark Fuge
05-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Nice image and application, Bob.

Like the action of the middle cub.

Welcome to the best board on BPN! Hope you stick around. ;)

Christopher Miller
05-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi Bob, I really like the dreamy feel of this. The playful cub is priceless! :) I like the framing of OOF leaves, but I wish the leaves that are partially covering the mom's head and the middle cub weren't there.

Barbara Kile
05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
You took a scene as it was presented and concentrated on the most important part: the mom and the wonderful interaction with the cubs. Your processing and choice of f/stop highlighted the animals; I love the warm glow to this image. Nicely captured.

Cheryl Slechta
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Bob, welcome to OOTB! I hope you keep on posting. I love the OOF leaves - they give the image a lot of depth - it's feels like you're peeking through a curtain at their world:) I love the peaceful scene and the lighting is
beautiful.

Kerry Perkins
05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Bob, I think Steve explained that he was reacting to the level of saturation and suggested that you also post it here, not that you should only post it here. I would take that as a compliment. ;)

It is a lovely image of a family moment and I love the framing with the vignette and the vegetation. I thought that negative clarity was my own little secret. :) It also works wonders with portraits of people!