PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-throated Warbler

Bruce Miller
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I got this guy singing his heart out. Shot with a Canon 40D, 100-400 LIS on a tripod, in a chair blind. He was in a natural perch (Redbud tree). I did use a call to lure him in.

http://redtail.smugmug.com/photos/854576852_pAakR-XL.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.

GB,
Bruce

Axel Hildebrandt
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Great find and nice singing pose. I might try to get more details in the blacks and would remove the diagonal branch in the BG.

Fernando Cerra
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Great pose !

Juan Aragonés
05-04-2010, 12:44 PM
The out of focus branch in the BG is a bit distracting in my opinion and the shooting angle is not the best. I would prefer no overlaping bwtween the pink flowers and the wing. I like the soft light and singing pose. Hope this helps :-)

Daniel Cadieux
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I agree with Axel and Juan's comments. I like the fresh spring feel to the image. I also like the vertical comp.

Bruce Miller
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Great find and nice singing pose. I might try to get more details in the blacks and would remove the diagonal branch in the BG.

Thanks Alex! Yea, those blacks are so deep. Maybe I should try going back to the RAW and reprocessing it to see if I can get more detail in the black.

I debated on the branch. Still not sure. Maybe I'll try and see how I like it.

Bruce

Bruce Miller
05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Great pose !

Thanks Fernando! He was so fun to shoot, singing away!

Bruce

Bruce Miller
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
The out of focus branch in the BG is a bit distracting in my opinion and the shooting angle is not the best. I would prefer no overlaping bwtween the pink flowers and the wing. I like the soft light and singing pose. Hope this helps :-)

Thanks Juan. I put out a branch/perch that would have solved all those issues, however he never went to it. None of them ever do. I have now quiet putting them out!

Bruce

Bruce Miller
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I agree with Axel and Juan's comments. I like the fresh spring feel to the image. I also like the vertical comp.

Thanks Daniel! I have another picture that I did horizontal, but I like this one better.

Bruce